Thursday, July 8, 2010

After I wrote that last post, things kind of fell apart for me. I was judging myself so harshly for spending so much time in solitude. I was napping a lot and I was a little sad. I decided to talk to my sponsor about it and she said I should get involved in some service work. It had crossed my mind that I could teach art to the women at the House of Hope. I ran that past her and she thought it was a great idea. After that meeting, I came home and starting researching art journaling which I had heard about in a magazine I get. I thought it would be a good project for recovering women. I had no idea that there is such a wealth of information and youtube videos on the subject. I'm completely hooked! It's like a miracle in my life. I went out and bought some supplies and made a journal. On Monday, Nora and Ann were here and I showed them how to make a journal and we spent 4 1/2 hours working on them. I have four dates set up with the House of Hope and I'm trying to think of how I can show 18 women how to fold a book and start journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment